BSBWOR203B_Work Effectively with Others_Written Assessment_V1_200114
Work Effectively with Others
Date Assessment Completed:
Within this resource, you will be covering the following key topics:
Using these key topics as a guide, you will work with your trainer/assessor to develop your skills and knowledge. The role of your trainer/assessor is to assist and guide you through your learning journey to achieve your goals.
To successfully complete this unit you will be required to complete the following:
As part of this written assessment you will need to access the following resources to support you in this assessment:
By completing this assessment online, it will form the evidence required to support your skills and knowledge to be deemed competent in this unit.
Answer the following questions.
1. Name four common relationships that you would find in a workplace environment
1. Colleague relationships
2. Employee and Employer Relationships
3. customer relationships
4. team relationships
2. What does the chain of command mean in an organisational structure?
The chain of command, sometimes called the scaler chain, is the formal line of authority, commu...
3. Why does having a job description help you to work effectively with others?
Effectively developed, employee job descriptions are communication tools that are significant in your organization’s success. Poorly written employee job descriptions, on the other hand, add to workplace confusion, hurt communication, and make people feel as if they don’t know what is expected from them.
4. What does the acronym KPI stand for in a business?
KPIs or Key performance indicators are factors which can be measured and analysed to see if there is any improvements in performance. These indicators could be money, quality or customer related factors which can be measured. KPIs are used as self-evaluations and should be used to find out how and where the company can improve.
5. What are two key factors in personal planning? Eg Goal setting
1. Communication with others
2. setting objectives and meeting them
6. What are the three types of resource constraints you may encounter while trying to get a job done in the workplace? Give a brief description of each
3. equipment/ tools
7. What would be the next course of action if you have a shortfall in available resources?
Make a budget and try to follow the budget. Also you can try to create a efficiency plan to make sure that you are minimizing the wastage of resources and maximizing each resource. You must then communicate the shortfall to the manager or supervisor to make sure they know about the shortfall and can resolve the issue.
8. We can gather feedback about our workplace performance in both formal and informal ways.
Give an example of both a formal and informal way of getting feedback
Formal feedback – performance appraisals
Informal feedback – meeting or conversation with manager
9. Please indicate if the following statements are true or false
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all pages?