BSBWRT301 Write Simple Documents ass2-333
BSBWRT301 Write Simple Documents Assessment Task 2
Case study -1
You work for a clothing manufacturing company called Marcia Clothing, situated at 106 Williams Road, Merryville, VIC 3288. You have received a letter from a store, Fry’s Boutique, requesting a copy of your current catalogue and some details of your summer range. It seems that Fry’s Boutique has not made orders with your company before so you need to ask whether they would like a sales representative to visit them. The letter is dated 16 June 2016. Their address is 19 Harpers Road, Melbourne, VIC 3000. You find out that the summer range includes a lot of dresses and that the colour range is mainly pastels. The main materials are cottons. You also find out that the printed catalogue is not going to be out for another month. This is unfortunately due to a delay at the printers. You are able to send a photocopied page that has been produced because of the delay. It summarises what will be in the new catalogue. The person writing from Fry’s Boutique was their buying manager, Ms Nguyen.
1. You will need to find a lot of information to reply to the letter from Fry’s Boutique. Identify what this information is.
– Current catalogue
-Some details of your summer range
-Offer the sales representative
-Detail of summer range ( pastel and dress)
-photocopier of the catalogue
Explain where you would get this information
2. List the main points you need to cover in your letter of reply.
3. Prepare a draft of the letter.
106 Williams Road
16 June 2016
19 Harpers Road
Dear Ms Nguyen,
We got a requesting a copy of your current ca...
Please accept my sincere apology for inconvenience
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to an opportunity to discuss if whether you would like a sales representative to visit .
Case study 2
1. A memo for all Spunky Monkey Health and Fitness Centre coaches and personal training staff to inform them that the spring /summer fitness class roster is being prepared for release to clients in six weeks’ time. Staff need to forward their availability, including preferred days and times, and preferred class options to you by the end of day of Friday. They need to know that if you don’t receive any information from them they will be left off the roster. Information should be forwarded to you on a form (and only this form) that they can get from either you or Karen.
5. A memo to your boss requesting four weeks annual leave in May next year. By May, you will have 26 leave days owing to you and you want travel to Thailand to visit some relatives and have a holiday.
9. An email to Karan informing her that you have drafted all the documents she requested .you have left her a paper copy of each document in the green folder in her in-tray and electronic copies of each can found in the draft correspondence folder in your electronic mail system. Don’t forget to mention that you won’t be in until 4.00 pm today and she agreed to cover for you until that time. Also mention hat Peter Breckner, membership number M238904, has lost his membership card for the third time and that a couple of members complained about the high levels of chlorine in the pool last night – their eyes were hurting and two of them appeared to have a rash on their arms and legs. Karen needs to speak to Bill in maintenance about it straightaway to check if he has followed up on the email you sent last night. Also, the staff in the café packed up early and had left by 7.30pm. The café is supposed to be open until 8.30 pm. Karan should follow this up with the café manager.
I would like to inform you that you have drafted all the documents she requested .I have left you a paper copy of each document in the green folder in you in-tray and electronic copies of each can found in the draft correspondence folder in my electronic mail system. And Peter Breckner, membership number M238904, has lost his membership card for the third time and that a couple of members complained about the high levels of chlorine in the pool last night – their eyes were hurting and…...
You've reached the end of your free preview.
Want to read all pages?